Congresso Internacional de Metrologia Mecânica (CIMMEC)
Times of crisis can create opportunities for the national industry to recreate itself and value even more the quality of their products, so they are accepted by the internal and external markets. For that metrology is a critical partner.
With the purpose of strengthening development of metrology in general, the National Institute of Metrology, Quality and Technology (Inmetro) and the Brazilian Society of Metrology (SBM) will host in the city of Fortaleza the METROLOGIA 2017. As part of it and focusing on metrology of mechanical units, the 4th International Congress of Metrology Mechanics (IV CIMMEC) will take place.
Since 2008, when CIMMEC was held for the first time, it has been very successful event due to the presence of renowned metrologists from Brazil and Abroad, and the technical content presented by them.
This event was created to bring together and integrate people and organizations, within a wide and strategic environment of technical-scientific interchange, particularly Metrology Mechanics, ensuring tools for unbound development of measurement science and technology, within the context of the so-called new era of the knowledge society.
Metrological areas considered as part of the IV CIMMEC scope are the following:
- Length, Angle, Rugosity, Measurement by Coordinates (Dimensional Metrology, Geometric Units);
- Strength, Torque, Hardness and Charpy Impact;
- Mass and Pressure (Vacuum);
- Viscosity, Specific Mass, Volume and Surface Tension;
- Flow Rate and Speed of Fluids;
- Ultra Sound and Mechanic Vibrations.
The proposed subjects that must focus on these areas are:
- Metrology of mechanical units related to power generation using wind power generators;
- Dynamic measurements (evaluation of dynamic torque for yield analysis in driving shafts, power, etc.);
- Development of calibration technologies, standards and methodologies and several tests;
- Applications of laser interferometry, verification and calibration of laser trackers / laser tracers, precision theodolites, rangefinders;
- Metrological techniques through image processing;
- Angular metrology, geodesic instruments (development of test and calibration methodologies);
- Development and characterization of pressure scales and pressure and vacuum transducers;
- Development and characterization of high precision mass standards and scales in general;
- Strength measurement (development of equipment and standards);
- Calibration of fatigue test machines (development of methodologies);
- Calibration of torsional test machines (development of methodologies);
- Development of Brinell, Vickers and Rockwell hardness test blocks;
- Development of reference materials for Charpy test machines;
- Development of several reference materials for specific mass and viscosity;
- Dynamic measurement of fluids (dynamic viscosity);
- Traceability of measurements;
- Automation and robotics;
- Software and validation;
- Education and training;
- Case studies involving measurement uncertainty applied to mechanical units;
- Quality management in calibration and test laboratories;
- Metrological reliability;
- Case studies involving statistic methods applied to mechanical units;
- Performance and reproduction of SI measurement units related to mechanical units;
- Interlaboratory comparisons and proficiency tests;
- Calibration and tests over the Internet (virtual measurements).